The HTC Windows Phone 8S is one of those great devices that has been bestowed with not only 4GB of internal storage but also a micro SD slot which allows you to add up to a further 32GB of space, giving you the potential to have 36GB of media at your beck and call.
If you don’t appreciate quite how much that is, 36GB can hold over 10,000 5-megapixel photos, over 7000 songs or up to 60 full length films!
One thing you’ll need to know how to do to enable you to manage your media properly is unmount your SD card before removing it, otherwise you risk corrupting the data, so here’s how you do it:
- Start at the Homescreen
- Swipe left
- Hit ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Phone Storage’
- Choose ‘SD Card’
- Select ‘Remove SD Card’
- You can now safely remove the SD card using the following instructions:
- Turn your HTC Windows Phone 8S over
- Remove the slide off cover at the bottom of the phone
- Locate the micro SD card
- Push the bottom of the card – you should then feel it click and push out of the slot
- Pull the card out of the holder